Jefferson Matters: Main Street & Chamber (A 2020 Great American Main Street Award semi-finalist) is seeking a full-time Executive Director to coordinate downtown revitalization activities; support community businesses; attract new businesses; promote tourism; and support community development for Jefferson, Iowa.
Qualifications: Ideal applicants will have professional experience and/or education in one or more of the following areas: architecture, marketing, communications, historic preservation, planning, urban design, volunteer and/or nonprofit management, economic development or small business development.
Applicant must be energetic, team player, entrepreneurial, work well with volunteers, be comfortable speaking in public, well organized, community advocate, strong leader, and capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment. Essential to this position are good written and verbal communication skills.
Please send resume and letter of application to Jefferson Matters: Main Street at P.O. Box 13 or firstname.lastname@example.org extended to Friday, May 29.
Job duties include
- Managing the overall program and budget
- Committee agendas, minutes & action plans coordinated with chairs
- Executive committee meetings for direction & monthly board agendas
- Regular communication with committees, businesses and volunteers
- Street time with businesses
- Grant writing and follow up process
- Recruiting & working with volunteer committees on specific action plans
- Organizing & supporting community events
- Managing community events by empowering volunteers
- Speaking engagements in the community
- Liaison for Main Street & Chamber with other local partners
- Working directly with business owners
- Recruitment of new businesses
- Retention of current businesses
- Coordinating Communications
- Website & social media presence
- Newsletter & regular communications with public (radio & press releases)
- Spokesperson for the community and program
- Adherence to Main Street America National Accreditation & Main Street Iowa requirements
- Submitting required monthly Main Street Iowa reports and documentation;
- Attendance at state meetings, workshops, webinars & other trainings
- Reporting to the Jefferson Matters: Main Street & Chamber’s board of directors
- Salary commensurate with experience (Range $45,000 -$55,000)
- Health Insurance TBD
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Vacation Days- based on service record
- 10 days/calendar year of sick days
- Flexible hours when non-traditional hours are needed