Goal: To strengthen and broaden the economic base of the Main Street district.
Economic Vitality Projects:
- Support City’s Phase 2 for continued facade improvements.
- Organized Available Buildings Tour in spring, 2018.
- Java & Juice in Jefferson events since March 2017.
- Support Small Business Development Center and Iowa Central Community College business workshops.
- Challenge Grant applications for Sensibly Chic, Prairie Lakes AEA apt. and The Public House.
- Recruitment Team training and involvement with prospects.
- Open4Business competition entry each year.
- New business incentive brochure for businesses locating in Main Street District.
- Building and business inventory visits and updates.
- Support City-acquired buildings in Main Street District with volunteer help.
- Business After Hours events supporting Marketing and Social Media topics.
- Assisted with Community Catalyst Grant application for The Forge in 2018.
- Advanced Market Analysis and Top Prospect Survey.
- RAGBRAI Impact Survey
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) for 13 facades in 2017.
- Celebration Stroll to celebrate CDBG completion.
- Empty Building Tour in 2015.