Historic Lincoln Highway Statue

Located on the south side of the Greene County Courthouse square, the Abraham Lincoln Statue was erected in 1918 as a gift from local resident E. B. Wilson to honor the first highway across the United States. This monument serves to commemorate the Lincoln Highway, which crossed through Jefferson and directly in front of the monument.