Each year, Main Street Iowa honors projects of the 54 Main Street communities in Iowa at their annual Gala. Nominations for the awards were due on Feb. 14, so the Teams have been busy gathering info for these online nominations.
The Main Street Iowa Awards Gala will be held on Friday, April 3 at Franklin Junior High in Des Moines. Cost is $10/person for appetizers prior to the ceremony with RSVP to Jefferson Matters: Main Street needed by March 20. The invitation is included below. Jefferson hopes to bring home a trophy or two this year!
The following nominations were submitted:
– Terrific Total Building Rehabilitation (inside and out) – The Forge
– Excellent Exterior Rehabilitation – The Forge
– Superior Interior Rehabilitation (main and/or upper floor(s)) The Forge
– Outstanding Residential Project – Prairie Lakes AEA apt.
– Best Beautification Project (district-wide) – Cluster Planters
– Fantastic Fundraiser (activity or campaign to raise funds for the local Main Street program) – Investment Drive – We Aim High with Jeff from Jefferson
– Remarkable Retail Promotion – Chews Jefferson
– Exceptional Special Event – Art on the Square
– Outstanding Image Activity (e.g. marketing, advertising or social media for the organization) – Jeff from Jefferson videos
– Partner of the Year (an organization) – City of Jefferson
– Business of the Year (for-profit business) – Jefferson Telecom
– Itty Bitty Nitty Gritty (small project that made a big difference) – Scarecrow Invasion~Movie Edition
– Game Changer (project or activity that changed the dynamic of the district in a powerful manner) – The Forge project