Each year, Jefferson Matters: Main Street is required to complete the National Accreditation which involves 10 standards and numerous indicators under each. Standard #9 involves reporting of key statistics.
Here is the updated info for the past year:
- Number of Main Street District businesses: 94
- Percentage of District business types: Retail- 29%; Service – 62%; Restaurant/Bar – 9%
- District Employees: FT – 429; PT – 113
- First floor vacancies: 12
- Residential units: 16
- Full Assessed Value of Properties in District: $19,738,600.00
This shows what a huge impact the downtown buildings, businesses and employees are to our community.
Standards that need to be met are:
- Board and committees represent a broad based community support.
- Clear mission and vision statement.
- Comprehensive Plan of Action.
- Historic Preservation Ethic
- Active Board and Committees
- Adequate Operating Budget
- Staff Management & Development
- Program of Ongoing Training
- Reporting of Key Statistics
- Main Street America Network Membership
Jefferson Matters: Main Street is proud to report they continue to meet these standards each year.